The Bucket Plan
You may have heard of a Bucket List, but have you heard of The Bucket Plan?
When you are nearing retirement, planning for your income in retirement becomes even more important. The Bucket Plan can help you design an income that can be more reliable. Some features of The Bucket Plan are:
- Addresses the three biggest dangers in retirement (market risk, interest rate risk and sequences of returns risk)
- Helps protect a surviving spouse from a decrease in income and increase in taxes
- Determines if there will be an income deficit in retirement, and if so, how much is needed to recover
- A way to avoid taking on too much investment risk on money needed in the near future
- Designed to simultaneously achieve safe, liquid money for immediate needs, consistent income and conservative growth for soon needs, and long-term growth and legacy planning for later needs
This material is designed to provide accurate and authoritative information on the subjects covered. It is not, however, intended to provide specific legal, tax, or other professional advice. For specific professional assistance, the services of an appropriate professional should be sought.
All investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal. There is no assurance that any investment strategy will be successful. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
An investment in money market funds is neither insured nor guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency. Although the fund seeks to preserve your $1.00 per share, it is possible to lose money in the fund.
Please Note: The information being provided is strictly as a courtesy. When you link to any of the websites provided here, you are leaving this website. We make no representation as to the completeness or accuracy of information provided at these websites. Nor is the company liable for any direct or indirect technical or system issues or any consequences arising out of your access to or your use of third-party technologies, websites, information or programs made available through this website. When you access one of these websites, you are leaving our website and assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the websites to which you are linking.