Meet Mike Keeler
About Michael B. Keeler, CFP®, AIF®, NSSA®, CLTC
Michael B. Keeler, a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, is chief executive officer of Peak Financial Solutions —a financial firm focused on wealth protection and financial retirement planning. With a vast knowledge base, strong integrity, and years of experience with loyal investors, he specializes in helping individuals and small businesses work towards pursuing their financial goals.
Recognizing that each client has individual needs, Mike dedicates himself to understanding and appreciating each client's situation before making recommendations. He believes in educating clients and works diligently to help them develop achievable goals, understand their financial choices and portfolios, and implement strategies that assist them in attaining their personal plans. As an independent financial adviser, he receives no financial incentives for using any investment over another so is able to tailor his advice so it will always be in the best interest of each client.
The financial services industry, tax codes, and federal regulations are constantly changing. To serve his clients to the best of his ability, Mike belongs to several educational groups. These groups, such as the Ed Slott Elite IRA Advisor Group and Academy For Preferred Financial Advisors, help give Mike the information needed to help his clients in ways many advisors are not able.
Mike received his bachelor's degree at the University of Redlands with a major in economics. He also holds an executive certificate in financial planning from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Before joining the financial services industry, Mike was a software engineer and worked with companies including Apple, HP, Dell, Gateway, and Compaq. He currently holds the following registrations, accreditations, and awards
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®)
- National Social Security Association (NSSA®)
- Series 7
- Series 24
- Series 66
- Life Insurance & Variable Annuities
- Registered Representative and Registered Principal of Cetera Advisor Networks
- Certified in Long Term Care
- Previous Girard Securities Office of the Year 2011
- Distinguished Toastmaster
Mike In The News
- CNBC: If You Loan Money To Family...
- Wall Street Journal: Making A Living As A Freelancer
- CNBC: Estate Planning Without Heirs
- Fox 5 News - Financial Planning Tips for Graduates
- 8 News Now - Trump's Tax Plan Proposal
- Consumer Reports: Smart Ways to Spend Your Tax Refund
- Forbes: When Is The Best Time To Put Money In Your IRA?
- Forbes: 5 Young Professionals On What They're Doing With Their Tax Refund Money
- WSJ MarketWatch: When Is The Right Time To Hire A Financial Adviser?
- Business Insider: Money Management Tips For Your 30s and 40s
- Christian Science Monitor: Saving Money: Tips for Everyone In Their 20s Should Know
- WSJ MarketWatch: Should Millenials Plan Retirement The Way Boomers Did?
- Moneytips.com: Love Letters from the IRS
- Fox Business: How a Dunning Letter Could Result in a Tax Refund
- Financial Planning Association
- Ed Slott Elite IRA Advisor Group
- Academy For Preferred Financial Advisors
- Faith Lutheran Business Advisory Council
- Christian Businessmen's Network
- Toastmasters - Chamber Voices Club
In his spare time, Mike enjoys traveling with his wife and two sons. He is active with his family and helps with the men's ministry at his church. Mike enjoys driving anything with a motor, from go karts to construction equipment. He likes traveling, being outdoors on his ATVs and Snowmobiles, and working on the pyrotechnics team at the Hollywood Bowl.